How to Set Game and App Screen Time Limit Using Microsoft Account
It is great that we can set the screen time of any device using our Microsoft account. We all know that we are surrounded by gadgets, and everyone uses them, in one way or another. Some might get addicted to them. We all want our children to use them as less as they can, whether it’s a Smartphone or tablet. So here are the steps to set the screen time limit for any device you want, just by using your Microsoft account.
How It Works
By using the Microsoft launcher app you can use family settings feature. Through this feature, you can set the limit in windows 10, Xbox, and Android devices too.
How to Make a Family Group on Microsoft Account
- Open your Microsoft account.
- Tap on the family tab.
- Choose to create a family group option.
- Tap on the child option.
- Mention the account address of the user.
- Verify that you are not a robot.
- Tap on the Send invite option.
- Click on the done option.
- Now, open the email invitation in the new family member account.
- Tap on the Join option.
- Tap on Join the family option.
- Now that you have completed the steps, you can easily schedule the time limit for the game and apps.
How to Set a Screen Time Limit for an App Using Microsoft Account
If you want to set a screen time limit for an app using Microsoft account, follow these steps:
- Open your Microsoft account.
- Press the Family tab.
- Press on Activity.
- Now, Press the more options menu.
- Tap on the Content Restrictions option.
- In the web browsing section, tap on the Block Inappropriate Websites.
- Go into the person’s account, tap on the App and Game limits option.
- Tap to turn on the App and Game limits option.
- Choose a game or app you wish to set the screen time on.
- Tap to turn on the switch.
- Tap on the Weekdays tab.
- Now you can see the Slider through you can set the time for the app screen time.
- Tap on Allow.
- Press the Weekends tab.
- Again, Choose a game or app on which you wish to set the screen time.
- Again, tap to turn on the switch on the right.
How to Add Devices to the Family Group via Microsoft Account
The limit you have set for the app or game can only remain till the person you are setting the limit has their account logged in.
Creating a Child Account on Windows 10
If you want to create a child account on Windows 10, then use the following steps:
- Press on the Settings option.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Tap on Family and other user’s options.
- In your family” section, press the Allow option for the account.
- Now by sign in to the account, register it with a device to start controlling app and game limits.
Creating a new account on Xbox One
If you want to open an Xbox account, then follow these steps:
- Select the Xbox option to start the guide.
- Click on sign in.
- Click on the Add new option.
- Sign in with your child’s account.
- After this, you can easily see the console appear in your Microsoft account.
- Now, set the limit.
Creating a new account on Microsoft Launcher
- Open the Google Play app in your device.
- Find Microsoft launcher.
- Press the Install option.
- Click on the Open option.
- Press on Getting Started option.
- Press on Not Now option.
- Press on the Continue option.
- Press Allow giving access to the Microsoft Launcher towards your information.
- Tap on the Continue option.
- Press on lets goes option.
- Press on Set as default option.
- Click on the Microsoft launcher option.
- Press on the Always option in the bottom-right corner.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.