speak chinese like a native

Describing specific types of mathematicians

Posted by andrew_c July 19, 2008 in the Group General Discussion .

Does anyone know how to describe mathematicians who have specialized into the different branches of mathematics?  In English we say: Algebraist, Topologist, Analyst, Graph Theorist, Geometer, etc.  To say it in Chinese do you just add 家 to the name of the branch of mathematics?  So that an analyst would be called 分析家? If so, does it make sense if you specialize further and, for example, call a real analyst 实分析家?

Comments (33) RSS

loading... Updating ...

New lesson idea? Please contact us.