WLCP to PlecoDict Flashcards
wlcp_to_pleco for Mac and Linux
This program converts WLCP XML to PlecoDict2 Flashcard XML. If someone wants it to work on Windows, please let me know, and we'll figure something out.
- Unzip wlcp_to_pleco.zip such that both wlcp_to_pleco.py and wlcp_to_pleco.xsl are in the same folder as your WLCP-provided XML files.
- Run wlcp_to_pleco.py just as you would welovechinesepod.py
- It will ask you for a lesson name, type it in just as you would with welovechinesepod.py
- Advanced: You can avoid typing in the lesson names by typing all of the lesson names in a file called lessons.txt just like with welovechinesepod.py
What you get:
- For example, with the lesson called night-cat, it will read the WLCP-provided XML file night-cat.xml and create the file night-cat-pleco.xml.
Let me know if the XML files work with Pleco. I don't have Pleco, so can't test it myself.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.