Tone is color （HOWTO)
Many Pleco users have been wondering if there are any methods to colorize the text according the tone of the characters. I think this is one of the best features of Pleco.
I've found a script on the net, which is able to colorize any hanzi on any webpage
0. Install Firefox
1. Install Chinese Perapera-kun https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3349
3. Install Greasemonkey https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748
4. Locate cperakun.jar and uncompress it, it's a normal archive
5. Locate adso.dat and simple.idx
6. Create a folder and copy adso.dat and simple.idx
7. Save the file 43877.user.js form http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/43877 by right-clicking Install button
8. Move the file 43877.user.js to the folder containing adso.dat and simple.idx
9. Edit the 43877.user.js: var color= new Array('black','red','green','blue','purple','grey'); or any color pattern you like
10. Open Firefox, File-Open file and locate the 43877.user.js
11. Install 43877.user.js
Not sure if your comment is appropriate? Check our Commenting Policy first.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.