I know Mandarin doesn't use tense. Nevertheless, is someone able to render the following English tenses in Mandarin? I've included the easy examples which I already understand in order to make this complete. Also, I've added words in brackets to make sense of some of the tenses.
1. I am waiting (for you).
2. I waited (for you).
3. I have waited (for you).
4. (By the time you arrived) I had waited (for you for 2 hours).
5. I have been waiting (for you).
6. I will wait (for you).
7. I will be waiting (for you).
8. (If you are late tomorrow) I will have waited (for you too many times).
9. (By the time you get here) I will have been waiting (for you for 3 hours)
Have I missed any?
Perhaps I'm dense, but don't sit on the fence, help me make sense of this wretched tense.
Not sure if your comment is appropriate? Check our Commenting Policy first.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.