speak chinese like a native

What do you call that?

Posted by dusg123 December 7, 2010 in the Group I Have a Question .

The bowl they bring you to wash your tableware in China.  When I ask restaurant staff for another one (to pour more tea out, wash a late arrival's tableware, or whatever), I never know what to call it.  If I ask for a "bowl" (碗), I get another food bowl.

I'm talking about the bigger, plastic or glass bowl.  This is a very minor question, but it's driving me crazy because I keep forgetting to find out... until I'm at a restaurant again.  And then I just have to describe it to them until they figure out what I'm asking for.  :-/

Thank you,


Comments (18) RSS

loading... Updating ...

New lesson idea? Please contact us.