Progress with CPod?
Listening to an old Advanced Podcast made me think about the progress I achieved with CPod. It was not quite a year ago that one day I called my wife and told her that I listened to a that very lesson and understood what it was about - I was proud to guess the topic.
Although there are still holes in my understanding that need fixing, I can follow most of what is going on at Advanced level. Because I get more and more of the Chinese only definitions, I can draw a lot now from relistening.
My biggest progress lies in listening comprehension and vocab. I also think I made (smaller) progress with speaking - measured by the number of tone corrections coming from my wife (for me it is crucial that new vocab is introduced with tones up to the higher levels - for feedback).
I struggle most with details in word order, word choice, and grammar. Often the easiest stuff is the hardest. This is why I would probably flunk a HSK beginner test. Definately more to be done on that front.
Started with "Upper Elementry-Lower Intermediate" in April 2006.
- Listening comprehension: Moved up 1,5-2 levels on the CPod scale
- Vocab: Moved up 1-1,5 levels on the CPod scale
- Reading: Stable - but consolidated (due to repetition)
- Pronounciation: Moved up 0,2-0,5 levels- Grammar: stagnating with 0,0-0,3 levels progress (due to a better "feeling" of correctness)
- Writing: Minus 0,5 (have not practiced since CPod)
I would be interested in other development stories.
Some here are extremly diligent and talented. Did anyone make it the whole route from Newbie to Advanced?
New lesson idea? Please contact us.