Introducing Oneself to the Family: Character Memorization Fun
Okay, moving these character radical quizzes to their own discussion as I should have done in the first place. This one deals with characters from the vocabulary of the Intermediate lesson Introducing Oneself to the Family .
Would be great to see some of you guesses of what the radicals are (I give the pinyin) and full character/English meaning. Show your work! (yes, this is math class) as that will help us wrap our brains around these picturesque characters we westerners have a hard time remembering, yet deal with them in Chinese learning all the time, whether we want to read characters or not.
It's a Hard-Knock Life for this Family of Characters
1) ?: For him to talk so big(dà) about himself makes the rest of the team feel treated unfairly(kuī).
2) ?: I feel in my heart(xīn) it's impossible for the grass(cǎo) to be this heavy(zhòng), I just don't...
3) ?: Taking a metal(jīn) tool and beat(shū) roots to pulled them out of the ground(pulled up roots: pull 而ér out of the ground and put it on its side) takes a lot of this.
4) ?: When the letter(jiǎn) is put in the fire(huǒ) it does this.
5) ?: Rice(mǐ) that is green(qǐng) is _______ for making spirits and alcohol. (I don' t know if this statement is true, just pretend it is... or just say "In China, rice is ...")
New lesson idea? Please contact us.