新年规划 (New Year resolutions)
Gotta work fast; it's already 2010 in hometown Sydney.
1. Post photos of signs in Chinese - lets say 1 per week
2. Learn names of everyone I talk to and use them; write them up and explore the characters. (That is a big ask as I may have more than 100 students - the semester just gone I could recall maybe 20% of 150 names accurately and write maybe 5% from memory.)
3. Read a scrappy story book from the 2块 shop; say 1 per month. These 'books' have a 总定价 zǒngdìngjià of 300 RMB, marked down to 6 RMB, then marked down again to 2 RMB. They claim to be from 北京师范大学出版社 chūbǎnshè (Beijing Normal University Publishing House) - is that possible? Morality tales mainly.
4. Write a script for each topic I teach; about 20 over say five months. Wow, that is a lot. I'll halve that to 10.
5. Do one Chinesepod lesson per week, any level.
That's way to much, but I never keep my resolutions anyway.
Not sure if your comment is appropriate? Check our Commenting Policy first.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.