Do any of you know Chinese vocabulary for playing guitar (or are extra crafty and know how to find such vocabulary)? I just bought an acoustic guitar and would like to talk about it in Chinese. Below is a list of words I would like to know. Some I have already translated. I would like to know if my translations are right. In some cases, I am confident in my translation, but I have indicated that I have further questions that I hope someone can answer. Others I couldn't translate at all. Hopefully, someone can help me along with those as well.
Acoustic guitar vocabulary words:
1. acoustic guitar: 木吉他
2. guitar neck: 吉他的琴颈(Is this the most common word?)
3. guitar body: 木吉他的共鸣箱 (Is this the most common word?)
4. tuner, tuning peg:
5. (guitar) string: 吉他弦 (is the measure word 条?)
6. pick verb/noun:
9. (guitar) strap：吉他带
10. out of tune: 走调，音调不准
11. in tune:
12. (guitar) fret:
General music vocabulary words:
13. note: 音 (What's the measure word?)
14. chord: 和弦 and弦 (is there a difference?)
15. (musical) scale: 音阶
16. major chord (e.g. A major):
17. minor chord (e.g. A minor):
18. A#: 升A调 (tiao2 or diao4?)
19. whole step: 全音 (What's the measure word?)
20. half step: 半音 (What's the measure word?)
Thanks so much!
Not sure if your comment is appropriate? Check our Commenting Policy first.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.