Kiwifruit (from 獼猴桃 to 奇異果)
That's funny to see how the name of this chinese fruit now uses the transliteration of the western name in HK and Taiwan. Is it the same in mainland-China.
- Macaque peach (獼猴桃 míhóu táo): the most common name
- Macaque pear (猕猴梨 míhóu lí)
- Vine pear (藤梨 téng lí)
- Sunny peach (阳桃 yáng táo)
- Wood berry (木子 mù zi)
- Hairy bush fruit (毛木果 máo yee goh)
- Unusual fruit or wonder fruit (奇異果 qíyì guǒ): the most common name in Taiwan and Hong Kong (奇異果 kay yee goh). A quasi-transliteration of "kiwifruit", literally "strange fruit".
New lesson idea? Please contact us.