Drafting a new personal study scheme...
As discussed before I plan on revamping my approach to studying Chinese. Given a fixed learning slot length of only 90-120 minutes a day there is only so much I can do, so I need to adjust it flexibly.
Here are the lego blocks that I plan to fill in my schedule with (including the weekends) - some of them recurring each day, others more rarely.
1. As ever: New CPod lesson - listening & working through dialogue, incl. copying grammar points (4x per week)
2. New: Reading aloud exercise! (4x per week)
3. Expansion, Exercise, Audio Review (4x per week)
4. New: Writing slot. 20 minutes of writing exercise based on the current dialogue (5x per week)
5. New: Review old exercises (randomly selected old Advanced or UI lesson) (3x per week)
6. New: Grammar point repetition (2x per week)
7. HSK Textbook (3x per week) / HSK exercises (5x per week)
8. News item (5x per week)
9. new: Character group repetition with at least 3 groups in Flashcard mode (3x per week)
10. new: Writing a small Chinese text (2x per week)
11. 红楼梦 (2 x per week)
12. Chinese radio & podcasts (1 x per week)
13. new: Only-Chinese-in-the-office-torture-my-Chinese-co-worker-slot (4 x per week)
Not sure if your comment is appropriate? Check our Commenting Policy first.
New lesson idea? Please contact us.