What is the difference between 受到, 收到, 得到, 获得 and 取得?
The way I see it, all of these words mean 'receive' or 'got' to some degree. This is how I gander they are generally used:
- 受到 - for bad receiving bad things, e.g. "He received a gunshot wound."
- 收到 - perhaps more similar to 'receive' than 'got', often used for receiving physical things, e.g. "She received a letter today."
- 得到 - perhaps the most generic/casual and therefore closest to 'got' in English.
- 获得 - generally used for things achieved through one's efforts, e.g "She recieved a medal for her perfect score."
- 取得 - about the same as 获得.
So what do y'all think?
New lesson idea? Please contact us.