Mad Max Fury Road In Chinese
Mad Max has hit cinemas again after a hiatus of almost 3 decades. In today’s post I’m going to show you what it is called on the cinema posters in China and Taiwan, as well as breaking down the titles and tagline.
The first Mad Max came out in 1979, and it was one of my favourite movie trilogies as a child growing up. What is great about the latest offering is that it offers new audiences a chance to see inside the mind of George Miller’s creation all over again.
Now let’s take a look at the name of the film in China and Taiwan.
Naming in Mainland China:
Fēngkuáng de màikè sī: Kuángbào zhī lù
Crazy Max: Berserk Road
- 疯狂 Fēngkuáng – Crazy, Mad, Frantic
- 麦克斯 màikè sī – transliteration of Max
- 狂暴 Kuángbào – frantic, berserk
- 之 zhī – formal was of using 的 de
- 路 lù – Road
Naming in Taiwan:
Fēngkuáng mài sī: Fènnù dào
Crazy Max: Wrath road
- 瘋狂 Fēngkuáng – crazy, frantic
- 麥斯 mài sī – Transliteration of Max (Note the difference between mainland and Taiwan)
- 憤怒 Fènnù – angry, indignant, wrath
- 道 dào – path, road
Tag Line in Taiwan:
duō měihǎo de yītiān
What a lovely day
If you get a chance to see this movie in China or Taiwan, you’ll now know how to order a cinema ticket like a boss.
Go check out the movie if you get a chance and let us know if you see any other translations where you are.
For some video clips with simplified Chinese, click here.
Latest posts by Gwilym James (see all)
- You’ll Crack Up Seeing How Independence Day 2 Translates to Mandarin - June 15, 2016
- How Do You Say Jurassic World in Chinese? - June 4, 2015
- Riding the Subway in Chinese with Fiona Tian - June 2, 2015
May 30, 2015 @ 2:48 am
James, how is Mad Max: Fury Road performing at the box office in China?
June 20, 2015 @ 11:43 am
it’s not showing in china
June 21, 2015 @ 2:13 pm
[…] There you will find 91781 more Infos: chinesepod.com/blog/mad-max-fury-road-movie-titles-in-chinese/ […]